Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Nail Polish Picks

It's the time of the season where the first day of Spring is a few days away and bright colors are starting to pop up every where. I pulled out nine of my favorite shades above (some new, some old) that will continuously be on my nails from now till August. It adds some color to my room when they are displayed on my pretty Marc Jacobs Daisy Fresh Box. I'm starting to have a lot of fun with my nail polish now that my body is getting a nice glow. I always think manicures and bold nails look better on dark skin or very fair skin.

TAKING A CLOSER LOOK: 
1) Revlon 185 Sweet Tart     2) BCBG The OC     3) BCBG Malibu    4) Revlon 092 Blue Lagoon

 I tend to buy mostly name brand and expensive nail polish, but there are a few drugstore picks under $5 that have made my favorites list this season.. including some amazing glitters by Revlon!

TAKING A CLOSER LOOK:
1) Milani 531 Gold     2) Revlon 934 Blue Mosaic    3) Revlon 940 Facets of Fuchsia    4) Milani 530 Gems

Milani and Revlon are the best when it comes to sparkling glitters. They are inexpensive and great to layer over a bright color to make your nails glisten in the sunlight. 

TAKING A CLOSER LOOK:
1) 310 Sunset Orange       2) Pink Flamenco       3) Fiercely Fiona       4) Who The Shrek Are You

The two OPI polishes to the right were purchased somewhat on accident. Both are from the Shrek collection (if you couldn't tell by the names) which I had first seen on a YouTube video. Allison aka Amarixe swears by "Who The Shrek Are You" and I had to try it out for myself. It looks gross in the bottle, but trust me you will be blown away too! It's the sunlight that really makes the green stand out from other colors.

TAKING A CLOSER LOOK:
1) Splash of Grenadine    2) Mint Candy Apple    3) Lilacism    4) Watermelon    5) A Crewed Interest

I am a loyal Essie lover for many reasons. Their polish stays on my nails for a long time, and for some odd reason it helps them grow really fast. There are so many pretty colors to choose from. They have a lot of beautiful pastel shades that are perfect for Spring and Summer. My ALL TIME favorite color that I own is Splash of Grenadine pictured above. I have it on my toes about eighty percent of the time and I get compliments on it almost everytime I go out. If your a nail polish junkie like me, I'd love to see your favorite polishes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment