Thursday, July 2, 2015

Clear Skin Routine - Summer

We all know that Summer months can be hot, sweaty, and not very pleasurable. Well, when you combine sweat with the oil that your body naturally produces, you are prone to getting acne. I suffered from sever acne ever since I was a freshman in high school. It used to be so severe that I was put on Accutane (an extreme and dangerous medication) for two years to get rid of it. By all means my skin is not perfect, although I only tend to breakout more in the Summer and during menstruation, I have hyper-pigmentation and a very sensitive complexion.
For the past few weeks I've noticed my back in particular is getting small bumps/pimples in areas I can't reach. I always use a brush in the shower to scrub it but it never seemed to help them go away. After doing some extensive online research, I think I've found a solution to help my body. 

The following steps I've been doing on an everyday basis for the last 2 weeks:
-Shower, rinse, or wipe down your body whenever you feel like your sweating.
-Wash with a salicylic acid based cleanser
-Moisturize with an oil free lotion
-Apply an all natural treatment 
-Drink more water, try to avoid fried foods, and add more vitamin c

I've been using Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Cleanser for over five years now and it does really well with my skin. It takes my makeup off, and cleans my skin without making it feel dried out. I found that Neutrogena makes a Body Cleanser that has salicylic acid as a main ingredient. I've been using that cleanser on my body for the past couple of weeks as well as an all natural acne oil for a spot treatment before I go to sleep and my skin has cleared up a lot. There are different products I'll use in the bath or scrubs once a week if I'm doing an extensive treatment but as an everyday routine this has been working for me, 

Products I've Been Using: 

If you want to avoid the salicylic acid all together, you can use tea tree oil or aloe vera. The tea tree oil works as an anti-bacterial to breakdown the acne and the aloe is used as an anti-inflammatory, If you are experiencing some skin troubles this Summer as well, let me know what you've been using!

No comments:

Post a Comment