Sunday, July 19, 2015

DIY Lush Shower Jelly

A few months ago LUSH Cosmetics was added to my local mall. Since the nearest location was a whopping three hours away before, I never got a chance to really try out their products. Now that I can actually go whenever I want, it's been horrible for my bank account since I want EVERYTHING! In my last LUSH Haul I posted last month I discovered a new purchase (Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly) that I became totally obsessed with. After doing some research, I realized that I could make my own shower jelly at home for half the price, and I could customize it to which ever shape I wanted. The cute shaped jellies give a good lather and are perfect to take while traveling!

Items You Will Need:
1. Kettle To Boil Water (or a microwave)
2.Glass Mixing Bowl
3. Unflavored Gelatin
4. Salt (not pictured)
5. Body Wash
6. Food Coloring
7. Oil of Your Choice (not pictured)
8. Silicone Ice Cube Trays

DIRECTIONS:
-Add about 3/4 cup of boiling water to a glass mixing bowl.
-Combine 1 Pack of Gelatin
-Add 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
-Stir in 1/2 Cup of Body Wash 
-Mix a couple drops of food coloring
-Add Coconut Oil for moisture (optional)
-Pour liquid into molded ice cube trays or a large cup
-Let sit in refrigerator for at least 5 hours to harden

DIY Lush Shower Jelly
[Image created on Polyvore by christinemwest]

[Image via College Fashion]

No comments:

Post a Comment