Wednesday, July 8, 2015

NYX Honey Dew Me Up: Review

Due to the advertising of this product in the NYX cosmetics section, I was instantly drawn to the NYX Honey Dew Me Up Primer. With gold flakes submerged in the liquid, I was interested and wanted to see what the hype was. 

After trying it out a few times, I'd have to say this product has potential but it's not quite there. The packaging on the outside is pretty, but the spatula-like applicator is not conventional. 


This product is more like a serum rather than a primer in my opinion. Some of the ingredients contain honey, collagen, and jasmine flower extract which is great for the skin. However; it contains denatured alcohol which can be drying as well. 

When it comes to the gold flakes, they don't really do anything except sit on top of your skin. If they dissolved more to create an overall glow then it would be a lot better. 

Instead of using this product as a primer, I would use it more at night so it could absorb into my skin and soak up the collagen. I wouldn't re-purchase this product because it doesn't really make a difference in my skincare routine.

I think that if a higher end makeup brand or skincare company were to duplicate this and tweak the formula it might come out a little bit better. The consistency is extremely thick and after applying it to your skin it rubs off as a tad bit oily.

The plus side to this primer is that it is not expensive and you can get it just about anywhere. However if you are used to Smashbox, Benefit, or Tarte primers they are absolutely nothing like this one. Instead of a velvet finish with the more expensive brands this product is more thin and damp until you rub it in.

You can purchase the Honey Dew Me Up primer at any local drugstore that for only $14.99 if you want to give it a try. Everyone has different skin types, and you might like it more than I do. Let me know in the comments below what your opinions of this product are.


YAY OR NAY? 

No comments:

Post a Comment