Saturday, July 11, 2015

Summer Makeup Routine

I like to keep my makeup routine simple during the Summer. It gets hot and I definitely don't want my makeup running down my face by the end of the day.

I own all of the NAKED palettes (including NAKED On The Run, and soon to have NAKED Smoky) but the 3rd one is my favorite for Summer because there are so many pretty peachy tones that look god with a tan. I have been using the Maybelline Butterfly Mascara for over a year and it makes my lashes look long and intensified. I use the lightest colored powder in the ELF eyebrow kit to touch up the color and give my brows definition. I usually use a drugstore eyeliner on my bottom eye lid and then I will use Physicians Formula Liquid Liner on my top lid if I want a more dramatic eye look.

When it comes to lips, I like to keep them moisturized in the Summer so they are less likely to crack and peel, which is never a good thing. The Nivea and Vaseline lip balms include color all while keeping my lips soft and glossy looking.

I have very sensitive and acne prone skin so I do everything I can to keep my skin from breaking out. I start out with the Clinique Acne Solutions moisturizer, and then apply Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer with SPF 20. Even if you don't plan on spending a lot of time directly in the sun, it's best to put some sort of sunscreen on your face for protection. If it looks like my eyes have dark circles or I have a couple of pimples and I want to cover them up then I use the IT Cosmetics concealer which has excellent coverage. Lastly, I will finish everything off with the Physicians Formula New York bronzer which gives me that great overall glow.
Summer Makeup Routine
FUN FACT: I discovered the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and the IT Cosmetics concealer from my Ipsy subscription. Since then I've repurchased the products several times because I fell in love with them. If you are interested in getting makeup and skincare products delivered directly to your door then I would recommend signing up for a beauty subscription service. I have discovered so many great products from Birchbox and Ipsy, so I definitely recommend checking those out. I did a blog post explaining those boxes more in detail, and there are so many to choose from.

Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment