Monday, August 17, 2015

In What Order Do You Apply Your Makeup?

I've never actually thought about the order in which I applied my makeup until I was thinking about doing a makeup routine. 

I guess depending on the day or event I'm going to would depend on how much makeup I'd be putting on my face. 

Well, after paying attention and taking notes the past week, it has come to my attention that I do put my makeup on in about the same order every day.
1. Moisturizer: No matter what I always put a moisturizer on my face as a base even before I use a primer (which isn't all the time). I try to use one with some sort of SPF especially during the Summer or I'll use a tinted moisturizer if I want some extra coverage.

2. Primer: SOMETIMES, if I'm getting ready for a special occasion, I'll prime my face using Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, or Tarte's Amazonian Primer. 

3. Foundation: My go-to foundation for all year round is Neutrogena's Skin Clearing Liquid Foundation because it has salicylic acid to help clear breakouts and it has full coverage which is great for being oil-free. 

4. Eye Brows: I use ELF's eyebrow duo to to lightly fill in my brows to give them more definition.

5. Eye Shadow: Usually I use one of my Urban Decay NAKED palettes to go with a bronzing color, sometimes I'll prime my eyes with a NYX eye pencil, but usually for every day wear, I don't need to.

6. Eye Liner: I use black eye liner on my lower lid and then on my upper waterline. Sometimes I'll use a liquid waterproof eye liner on my top lid and wing it out, but that's usually just for a special occasion. 

7. Mascara: I usually don't use an eye lash curler, I will just directly put my mascara on. My favorite for the past couple months has been L'Oreal's Luminous Butterfly Intensifier which makes my lashes long without having them clump up. 

8. Bronzer: Lastly, I will apply a bronzer or blush to my upper cheek bones to finish my look.
A lot of people tend to do their foundation last because they are worried about having fallout from the eye shadow but I don't put that much eye shadow on, and if I do, I can correct it with under eye powder.Have you ever thought about the way you put on your makeup in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment