Thursday, August 6, 2015

Interview with Chrissy Clevenger: A Kiss of Skinny [Editor In Cheif]

Since the blogging community is so tight knit, I thought it might be fun to introduce you to one of my closest friends and fellow blogger. Chrissy Clevenger writes A Kiss of Skinny, a fitness and lifestyle blog which she started not too long ago. We met a few years ago through a company we both used to work for and have been friends ever since. We met at Starbucks this afternoon to work on some blogging together and I had her answer a few questions so you can get to know her and her blog a little better! Interview conducted by Christine West

1. Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
I am a full time nursing student and full time psychiatric aide worker in a psychiatric hospital. I recently got really into fitness and being as healthy as possible. I have a three year old chi weenie named Kisses who is my inspiration to get fit and stay healthy. That is what made me start my blog! My blog is all about fitness and being able to stay fit and healthy on a college budget, but my blog is also a lifestyle blog with different article reviews and fun ideas!

2. Describe how did you first get into blogging?
I first got into blogging when my best friend Christine (editor of Metallic Pearl) told me about it. We both started working out a lot and I was telling her about Kisses and her weight loss journey so she suggested I start blogging!

3. Can you tell me some of your strengths that really helped you in blogging?
Some of my strengths would be my interest and dedication in my blog. I am really determined to make this an enjoyable blog for all my readers and to help anyone with all my different ideas I write about.

4. How would you describe your blogging style?
My blogging style is mostly fitness. I blog all about fitness, healthy, and cheap ways to stay fit.

5. What type of networking do you think is better to enhance your traffic to the blog? 
I think a lot of social networking is the best way to get traffic. I post to all my social media sights and I also follow different blogs and comment on their pages in hopes to bring more traffic.

6. What do you think is the best service a blogger can provide to his/her readers?
Information and product reviews. My blog is about my fitness journey but what fun is a blog that is all about your fitness journey? You have to change it up a bit and show the reader how you stay fit or what products you use and how they worked etc.

7. What would be your ideal working environment?
Well that depends, working as in blogging then it would be a coffee shop where it is quiet but you still have some entertainment. Now working as in my line of work which is nursing, I would want extremely fast paced adrenaline rush like the emergency room or pediatrics emergency.

8. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
I always make time. You just have to set like an hour a day aside just for blogging so you can keep up on it.

9. What do you think is the best strategy that worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog?
Social Networking.

10. How do you want to improve yourself in the next year?
I want to become really fit, I want to lose 15 pounds and become the skinniest and healthiest I have ever been.

11. What was your greatest failure and what did you learn from that?
My greatest failure was failing my first year of college. I started college at 17 years old and though it was a big joke, so I would never go to class and I eventually failed my first two semesters. I learned that nothing comes easy, and I am not paying that price. If I wouldn't have failed that first year I could already officially be in the nursing program but instead I am a year behind.

12. Tell me about your proudest achievement?
My proudest achievement would be getting back into school and getting my GPA up from a 1.8 to a 3.2 in just a year.

13. Who has impacted you most in blogging and how?
So far Christine has because I'm still new at it and she is always helping me.

14. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
My greatest achievements have outside of blogging would be getting kisses fit. It's only been a month but she has already lost one pound and can walk three miles!

15. What do you do on your spare time?
I go to school, work, workout, walk the dogs, and shop.

16. Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now?
I would like to be a lot more known in five years and hopefully inspiring other people to start blogging as well.

17. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
Finding the time to blog.

18. Can you name some of your favorite bloggers and explain why they are your favorites?
So far I haven't been able to get into a lot of blogs I have done some looking at cupcakes and cashmere and I really like her style of blogging.

19. What inspired you to start your blog?
My dog Kisses when she was diagnosed with obesity. Yes it sounds silly but it was actually very dangerous for her since she is part wiener dog it was bad for her hips and health.

20. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
I keep working out and enjoying life. I just stay positive and love life every day which motivates me to blog and relax.

21. Can you tell me about few sources from where you get products for review on your site? Doing my daily grocery shopping, when I see a product that looks interesting I grab it.

22. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
Just figuring out how to do certain things and getting the blog to look perfect and user friendly for all my viewers.

23. In the future where do you hope your blog will take you?
I hope my blog will take me to new and exciting adventures!

24. Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your blogging journey?
No I haven't met anyone famous yet and I haven't met really any bloggers at all.

25. Do you have any specific goals for the rest of this year?
My goals for the rest of the year are to continue my fitness journey and really really focus on staying fit and healthy, and also finishing school. I would also like to keep Kisses very healthy and happy and never ever let her miss a walk! 

26. What is the biggest difference in your life post-blogging?
I was a lot lazier and much more unhappy. It's weird but blogging has actually made me happier in these past few weeks, along with all the working out and spending so much time with Kisses and Christine, it's really made ,me feel proactive and happy.

27. Did you have any professional help or did you created the blog yourself?
I created my blog myself, but I had a lot of help from Christine.

28. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers? I am very active on my blog, although I don't have a lot of followers right now I am still constantly sharing, blogging, and trying to get people to read and enjoy my blog.

29. How much time do you spend blogging?
Probably a couple of hours a day, depending on my schedule that day.

30. Is blogging your profession or just a hobby?
Just a hobby, I would love for it to be a profession but unfortunately I have other interests and inspirations when it comes to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment