Friday, August 28, 2015

New In-Shower Moisturizing Lotions

More recently, In-Shower lotions have started becoming more popular and are popping up in more places. Jergins recently launched a wet skin moisturizing collection with three producs featuring: Green Tea OilMonoi Oil, and Coconut Oil which can be found at Target for only $6.99. It "glides onto wet skin and instantly absorbs for twice the moisturization in half the time. There's no need to wait for skin to dry before applying or to rinse away sticky residue. The revolutionary formula goes-and-stays-on your skin and not don the drain. With this one-of-a-kind lotion, just apply to wet skin before you dry for a superior way to moisturize."

Nivea also has a three product line of In-Shower body lotions featuring: Shea Butter (Smoothing), Sea Minerals (Hydrating), and Almond Oil (Nourishing) which can also be found at Target for only $5.69.  It "helps revolutionize the daily skincare routine with a different take on moisturizing. The three In-Shower body lotions will moisturize your skin right in the shower, leaving you with soft and smooth skin, without the sticky feel of lotion."

Both of these similar products have an easy 4 step system.
1. Use your normal shower product and rinse off.
2. While still in the shower apply the In-Shower body lotion on wet skin.
3. Rinse body.
4. Dry off and head out the door.

I ended up buying the Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion with Almond Oil and I've used it a few times. After I washed my body with my regular body wash and shaved my legs, I applied this all over my legs. It is a white cream base, that has a thick shaving cream texture with not a strong scent. I didn't know how long to leave it on for, so I just washed my face and rinsed my hair so it could sit on the top of my skin. After leaving it on for about 3-4 minutes I thoroughly rinsed everything away and got out of the shower to towel dry. Yes, my legs were smooth, but mostly because I had just shaved. Now they were not dry like they would normally be when I get out of the shower but they definitely weren't as moisturized as the bottle makes it seem. I still applied lotion to my legs because I like them to be shiny and glow, so I add the Suave gradual tanning lotion from medium to tan all over my arms and legs.

VERDICT - YAY or NAY ?
Answer: NAY!
I would not re-purchase this product, only because it didn't do much for me. It's a great concept, but I feel like if there would have been more of an oil base it would have been a lot more moisturizing. But if you are wanting to try a product something like these two, Olay makes a Ultra Moisturize In-Shower lotion, and St. Tropez just came out with an In-Shower gradual tanning lotion. The St. Tropez lotion is a great alternative to tanning if you have very fair skin because it is such a gradual process that it looks natural and not overbearing. It is a little more costly, running at $25 instead of $5-$6 but it's worth checking out at Ulta if you're interested in something like that before Summer ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment