Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The E Words

It's my cookie and I'll eat it if I want to. You don't need a masters degree in nutrition to know that food has calories and exercise burns them. 

The two "E" words: eating and exercise have been a difficult balance for me these past few weeks. I'll set my alarm for 4:30AM to get to my daily bootcamp session before work, but I'll press snooze too many times to count. I'll get an afternoon Starbucks and think "do I really need to be drinking my calories today?". 

I've learned that you need to separate these two words to stay on track with a healthy lifestyle. I workout to be stronger and more fit, and I try to eat healthy (or with moderation) but that doesn't ,mean that I have to deprive myself of foods that I love. I could NEVER just eat salads and fruits everyday, first of all I love food way too much, and second of all, there is no way I could live without my meats and sugar intake. 

The point I'm trying to make is that you should not feel guilty every time you eat some ice cream or don't have time to work out. As long as you try to make healthy choices and stay happy, and stress-free then you are doing a good job at life. Enjoy it while you can and make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment