Friday, September 11, 2015

9/11 Anniversary

Today is the 14 year anniversary of a very sad that that Americans will never forget. 

To recall your memory, the morning of September 11th, 2001 terrorists hijacked four passenger planes and rammed two into New York's World Trade Center and a third into the Pentagon outside Washington. The fourth plane crash-landed on an empty field in Pennsylvania. 

That day 2,977 innocent people died in the deadliest attack on American soil. It took New York a long time to recover from that tragedy and there will always be a void in the city with those two twin towers gone.


I had the opportunity to visit the memorial twice the past two times I was in New York a couple Summers ago. The first time I ever visited it was a surreal experience. The site of the waterfalls gives you peace and sadness at the same time. 

I couldn't help but try to picture what that day must have felt like in a city full of people and no where to go. It doesn't seem like it was fourteen years ago because I remember it like it was yesterday. I was in the fourth grade and I just remember seeing it all over the news before I went to school. 

It was a shocking day to say the least and nobody knew what to think. There were so many police officers, fire fighters, doctors, and people in the armed forces who died trying to save the lives of others. So take a moment of silence today and give our country a little extra love.

No comments:

Post a Comment