Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Lifestyle Change

Out with the old, In with the New!  I am ready for a new ME.


So this week has been the start of a healthier lifestyle with a HUGE change in diet for me. Alright, I am going to be honest when I tell you that I have literally been eating and drinking whatever I want, when I want these past few months. Sure, I workout occasionally, but that doesn't help the fact that I'm putting garbage into my body. More so in the last month I have noticed a change in my weight, like a big change where you see it everywhere. I have probably gained about 10 pounds in the last month which is absolutely insane. I am totally furious with myself and decided that this needs to stop. Now lets get this straight, I am in no way obese or horribly overweight, but my goal is lose about twenty pounds by the new year. So good luck to me!

I don't have amazing genetics or a fast metabolism where I can just do whatever I want and happen to look like a model. I am a total foodie and really enjoy the acquired taste of different meals, so this is a challenge. I made a commitment to eating much healthier and exercising at least five to seven times a week. Before, I used to eat a LOT of carbs and a LOT of sugar...You wouldn't think it would be a lot, but the Starbucks, Ice Cream, Pizza, and Pasta adds up real fast. Whenever I am at the grocery store and they have the calorie count, fat count, and sugar count on the front it seems to be a good meal. Actually, no! If you look on the back, the carbohydrate count is usually outrageously high. 

In order to get rid of fat, the best way to do it is by eating more protein and less carbs, all while doing tons of cardio. On Sunday I meal prepped all of my lunches and dinners for the entire week (Monday to Sunday) so I just grab a container and walk out the door. Since carbs give you energy and I am not having very many, caffeine is the key with lots of water to stay hydrated and helps me stay active. In the morning I will take a caffeine pill (150mg) before I go to the gym and do fasted cardio. I also live on Total Zero Red Bull, and Sugar Free Rockstar to keep me going. 

The whole no sugar and no carb diet is hard though. My body is not used to having such few calories and a high amount protein that I've had a horrible headache for the last three days. I have heard this is common and it will go away, but damn it's a pain in the ass. I can already tell that by doing this diet, I am constantly thinking about healthier food choices wherever I go, and I can honestly already see a small change. There is a line of zero calorie, zero carbs, zero sugar, zero fat, and gluten free products called Walden Farms that I have been using for everything. The entire product line is literally incredible, and a lot of their items tastes great. Plus, if you have a Sprouts store in your area then the entire Walden Farms product line is buy one, get one free there until September 12th. SCORE!

This weeks Meals Include:

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 egg whites, 1 cup of spinach (make as an omelette) Add Salsa
Lunch - 4 oz of chicken breast, Walden Farms Italian Dressing, 1 cup of green beans with Garlic
Dinner - 4oz of round top steak, Salad with Walden Farms Balsamic dressing, 1 Babybell Light
Snack - Oatmeal with Cinnamon/ or Nonfat, Low Carb Greek Yogurt w/ Raspberries (optional)
Dessert - Arctic Zero Ice Cream with Walden Farms Chocolate/Caramel Syrup  (1-2 nights a week)

DRINKS:
1. COFFEE - Black Coffee, Stevia, Protein Powder, Ice, Walden Farms Choc/Caramel Syrup & Blend or Black Coffee with 2 teaspoons of sugar free flavored creamer.
2. TEA - Black Tea (Earl Grey) with Stevia/Truvia or Green Tea Iced with Stevia/Truvia
3. ENERGY - Rockstar Sugar Free or Red Bull Total Zero 

Example of LUNCH!


I will continue to post more recipes, my workout routine, and fitness inspiration along the way. I have my friends to thank for motivation, as well as my family and boyfriend for support. It starts to become fun, and a way of life that you don't even realize you're eating healthy. I will also do a full post on Walden Farms, the products I use and what I use them with. If you have any fitness inspiration or recipes you would like to share, feel free to leave them in the comments below. 

CHEERS to a happier and healthier body and the good to come of it!

PS. (Disclaimer) I am in no way a nutritionist, personal trainer, or expert when it comes to this stuff. I am just doing what works for me, based on the knowledge I've gained from others. You can either chose to try it if you will, but there is no guarantee it will work. We all know that everyones body is different and responds in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment