Saturday, September 26, 2015

Apple iPhone 6s First Impressions

I have had my iPhone 6s for roughly 28 hours and I am so so happy with it. Since I went from an iPhone 5 to the 6s it has been a BIG CHANGE for me. 

I pre-ordered the rosegold 16gb on September 12th and made a reservation to pick it up at my local apple store on the day it came out (yesterday 9/25). Since I had my last iPhone for over two years, and my contract was up with AT&T, I could get a new phone. Well, now that AT&T makes you do the "NEXT" plan, they charge you an activation fee, tax on the phone, and the first monthly payment which would have been roughly $30 and a lot more than what I paid at Apple. 

This year when Apple introduced the iPhone 6s and 6sPlus, they also announced their new Apple Upgrade Program which is an amazing plan. Basically, you pay tax on the phone, and the first monthly payment of $32.41 which only came out to less than $87. They activated my phone at the Apple Store, and you don't need to sign a two year contract. So every year a new phone comes out you can get a new one and pay about the same monthly payment. The new plan also includes AppleCare which I didn't even have before. The only inconvenience is that you can't do the Apple Upgrade program online, you must come into a retail store. Even though I had a reservation, I still had to wait in a line that took about 45 minutes just to get into the Apple Store, but I guess that's what you get when you want a phone on the day it comes out. 

So about the phone, I am totally new to the bigger screen, and touch ID and 3D touch. The live photos, and better camera is what really got me excited about the phone. I literally used my phone camera for everything, so it is really nice that Apple upgraded their camera.

Overall, I am loving my phone. Besides all the awesome new features, my favorite part might be the rosegold color that they introduced. Yes, that's a silly reason but it's just so damn beautiful. Did you get the new iPhone? If you did, let me know how you're liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment