Monday, September 21, 2015

Naturebox Review

I've known about Naturebox for a while now, mostly from YouTubers and was always curious to try it out. Especially since a lot of people rave about it online, it looks and sounds like a good service. 

The company says, "Naturebox delivers a world of carefully sourced and nutritionist-approved foods right to your door. Each snack contains wholesome ingredients with no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors. Snacking has never been so deliciously fun and naturally easy."

Basically, Naturebox is a subscription service where you can either choose snacks you want or have them surprise you and deliver them straight to your door. There are a few different options when it comes to different services: 3 snacks at $13.95 or 5 snacks at $19.95 either once a week, twice a week, or once a month. There is a wide variety of snacks to choose from with over 100 from flax-infused crackers, dried fruit, nut clusters, popcorn, and some vegan and gluten-conscious treats as well. 

The following five snacks came in my box:

1. Mini Belgain Waffles
2. Big Island Pineapple
3. Chocolate Banana Chips
4. Parmesan Garlic Pop Pops
5. Salted Caramel Pretzel Pops














My experience with Naturebox was rather disappointing, at least with the five products that I received. 

I thought the Belgian Waffle bites would taste similar to a waffle cone that you'd get with an ice cream, but I had very little flavor and resembled cardboard. 

The dried pineapple was the only snack that I actually liked and would re-purchase. The pineapple wasn't crunchy but dried out just enough to keep the sweet flavor. 

When I saw the banana chocolate chips in the box I got really excited because I love the taste of chocolate and banana together. However, these crunchy chips lacked a lot of flavor and tasted kind of sour instead of sweet. I honestly can't even explain the flavor but it was not what I was expecting. 

The parmesan garlic pop pops tasted exactly like corn nuts, with a little extra garlic flavor. 

Then lastly, the salted caramel pretzel pops were not bad, but they could have been better. Naturebox should have just took the caramel part out of this snack because I literally couldn't taste it at all. 

I think that Naturebox is a good service, and maybe I just got a small batch of products I didn't care for, but like I said before, there are over 100 to choose from and I'm sure there are others that I haven't tried yet that I'll enjoy more. If you enjoy "healthier" snacks rather than chips and cookies then you should check out Naturebox because their variety is rather large. 

No comments:

Post a Comment