Saturday, November 14, 2015

Carnivore Club - November Box & Review

Introducing: Carnivore Club- "SATISFY YOUR INNER CARNIVORE"

I was lucky enough to discover this fantastic company right before the holidays. I am a total foodie, and I absolutely LOVE subscription services. So when I found out about Carnivore Club and how they combine the two, it was a match made in meat heaven. My dad is a hunter and definite mountain-lover, so I grew up eating every kind of meat you can imagine. 

what is carnivore club: "Carnivore Club is the world's first curated cured meat of the month club featuring artisans around the world. 

what do you get: "A special Carnivore Club faux-wood box is sent to your home filled with 4-6 handcrafted cured meats. No two meats are alike, even if they have a similar name."

memberships: A one month purchase with no commitment is $55. If you purchase a recurring subscription with a minimum of three months and a choice of monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly, it's only $50. 


I was sent the November box in the mail earlier last week and was very happy with what came inside. I recommend that you put your meat in the fridge after taking it out of the box, or even the freezer, depending on what you get and when you plan on eating it. There is a shelf life of one to three months and as long as you try to keep it above sixty degrees it should stay fresh.

There were four things plus a little extra card that came in the November Box ($55)




1. Rabbit and Pork Cheek Pate

This is a rabbit liver seasoned with garlic, parsley, and nutmeg. 

I was really interested when receiving this in the box because it's something that I've never tried before. Like I said before, I've ate a lot of different meats over the years, but never rabbit liver. 

This is the only product in the box that I haven't tried yet. I am saving it for a special occasion soon, and to make sure I pair it with some good side dishes. 


2. Pork Jowl Bacon

This is a whole muscle, hand-trimmed bacon cured under brown sugar and maple syrup, seasoned with pepper and hickory. 

I was SUPER EXCITED about this meat they included in the box. Bacon is becoming increasingly popular all over the world, and being able to try a delicacy is impressive. 

This is not your average bacon, it is thick and full of flavor. I pan-fryed it over the stove and then crumbled it to put on top of a homemade pepperoni pizza and it was so so good.



3. Soppressata

This is a classic salami laced with black pepper, ginger, clove, and nutmeg.

I could eat an entire pound of salami by itself if I wanted to so being able to try the Soppressata was delightful.

They included the perfect amount which was satisfying enough to pair with some gourmet cheeses I had in my fridge.

I'm sure this would have been dynamite in a sandwich or even cooked inside a grilled cheese. Mmmmm!


4. Caramel Bacon Cheddar Popcorn

A sharp cheddar popcorn blended with caramel popcorn and caramelized bacon jewels. It does not contain Goose, like you may think from the label.

I expected to get at least four meats so I was shocked to see this popcorn in the box. I mean it contains bacon so I was still happy; and what a clever name.

It has a very strong spicy taste, so if you don't like food with a little kick you may not be a fan of this.



Carnivore Club is introducing a special holiday offer for $85 in which you can order a wooden meat crate for your meats to come in instead of the faux-wood box. It's made out of American Pine in the USA and will feature a branded Carnivore Club logo stained in an oak finish. 

Since Christmas is right around the corner this would make an absolute perfect gift for anyone who likes meat. Guaranteed you'll be the only one to gift this box to someone and it would be something they'd actually enjoy! You can either deliver it directly to their house and add a personal holiday message, or you can get it shipped to your house and give it to them in person. On top of that you can also get a Carnivore Club gift card, so they can order for themselves or spread the meat love to someone else. 

ORDER NOW and use code: Pearl10 to get an extra 10% off your entire purchase! 

1 comment: