Thursday, November 5, 2015

GLAMGLOW Face Masks - Worth The Hype?

Glamglow SUPERMUD Clearing Treatment Mask
$69 for 1.2 oz at Sephora

"Clinically developed by dermatological chemists to help fight all common skin concerns including breakouts, discoloration, black & white heads, razor bumps, and in-grown hair. Powerful, skin-clearing mud visibly draws out dirt and congestion while a proprietary six-acid blend dramatically brightens and softens skin. It works to magnetically draw out dirt in pores with activated-x charcoal, leaving skin smooth and healthy-looking."
NO PARABANS. NO SULFATES. NO PHTHALATES.


Glamglow THIRSTYMUD Hydrating Treatment Mask
$69 for 1.7 oz or $19 for 0.5 oz at Sephora

"Thirstymud uses the newest, most advanced, and extreme hydration active technologies. It moisturizes, restores, replenishes, and calms the skin. Dewdration boosts and locks in moisture for a dewy and youthful result while Hydrapack leaves skin with an instant silky, soft, and supple feel. Green Energy smooths and energizes the skin, giving you a healthy-looking, glowing complexion."
NO PARABANS. NO SULFATES. NO PHTHALATES.
Glamglow YOUTHMUD Tinglefollate Treatment Mask
$69 for 1.7 oz or $19 for 0.5 oz at Sephora

"A 10 minute professional-quality mud mask for men and women. This mask leaves skin noticeably radiant and glowing. It works with the body's natural moisturizing collagen to provide gentle resurfacing exfoliation and helps to leave skin smoother, brighter, and softer. While providing tighter skin texture and tighter pores, it provides a more youthful appearance and absorbs impurities without removing natural oils." 
NO PARABANS. NO SULFATES. NO PHTHALATES.


Glamglow FLASHMUD Brightening Treatment Mask
$69 for 1.7 oz at Sephora

"This multi-targeted, powerful, and innovative multi-brightening complex mask helps create the brightest, lightest, and most luminous skin possible. The teatoxi technology is white birch leaf that delivers natural betulin, betulinic acid, and ellagic acid to create an improved, color-balanced skintone. White Energy is a brillant fusion of powerful natural activates to create intense, bright, and even results. Flashlucent is a combintion of skin translucency optimizers fesaturing three levels of exfoliation to frive ingredients into the skin for a luminous, younger looking complextion.
NO PARABANS. NO SULFATES. NO PHTHALATES.

Glamglow POWERMUD Dualcleanse Treatment Mask
$69 for 1.7 oz and $19 for 0.5 oz at Sephora

"This multi-sensory cleansing experience, unites the power of mud and oil to achieve amplified deep cleansing, yet gentle results. It features olixier, which is a custom blend complex of four powerful, rare, non-greasy, and fast-absorbing deep cleansing oils. Claytox is a carefully balanced four-clay blend specifically developed to provide an ultragentle skin dexotification for a maximum yet delicate cleanse."


These five face masks from Glamglow seem to be the best on the market considering all the hype from consumers, makeup artists, and beauty editors. With the steep price tag at $69 dollars is it really worth the money? I recently tried my first Glamglow product a couple weeks ago when I got a sample of the Flashmud Brightening Treatment Mask in my Ipsy Glambag. After having it for a week I finally used it while in the bath. 

The consistency was thick, but not too much. The mask tingled a lot, but I happen to like that feeling. I left it on my face for about 30 minutes while I soaked in the tub. I washed the mask off using my hands and warm water. When I got out of the bath and towel-dried my face, it felt very clean, tight, and shiny. I was highly impressed and loved getting to try this one. 

I would definitely re-purchase the orange, however I'd really like to try the rest of the masks before I drop a large wad of cash on a small jar. I have previously used a few different masks from LUSH, but the fact that they expire with a short amount of time I never end up finishing a jar. However, $7 is a lot cheaper than the one for $69! 

What face masks are some of your favorites? Let me know if you've ever tried some of the Glamglow masks, I'd love to hear more. 

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried any of the Glamglow masks, but have always been curious about them too! I think I'll take advantage of the Sephora 20% off sale these next few days and buy one! Thanks for sharing, you're blog is super cute.

    ReplyDelete