Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Hot Chocolate Season Is Here

It's that that time of year where hot drinks start to become a nightly routine....
HOT CHOCOLATE SEASON IS IN FULL BLOOM!

I'm a huge coffee-drinker throughout the day, but when it comes to nighttime I cannot handle all that caffeine (girls gotta sleep) so I turn to hot chocolate for my evening drink of choice. I have always liked instant hot chocolate mix better than homemade because sometimes adding milk can be too rich. Although last year I made some homemade Nutella hot chocolate and it was incredible. I'll have to do a post on that recipe soon.

My favorite part about drinking hot chocolate in the Fall and Winter months is adding toppings to the drink. For example: marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate chips, and sprinkles. Kraft just came out with all of their holiday-themed marshmallows and they are perfect to add to a bunch of different hot chocolate drinks.

  

Personally, Land O' Lakes and Swiss Miss are my favorite instant hot chocolate brands. All you have to do is add water and they instantly taste delicious.

This past week I've noticed most retail stores are in full Christmas transition. Target especially, they pretty much have all of their Christmas decorations out which makes it really hard to not buy the entire store. 

I know I mention coffee a lot on my blog, because I'm kind of obsessed, but I also really enjoy a cup of tea every now and then. I'm pretty excited because in a few weeks I'll be getting a flowering tea pot with a large variety of different flower teas. I used to drink the Primula brand a few Winters ago, but my teapot broke and I've just never re-purchased it yet, so I'm excited to be drinking that again soon. As soon as I get it I'll so a special post on that as well. What is your favorite hot beverage to drink during the colder months?

No comments:

Post a Comment