Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas

There are hundreds of different ways that you can decorate your Christmas tree(s). As child, my family and I always used colored lights on a fake tree. 

As I got older and got to make my own tree decorating decisions, I prefer white lights on a real tree. We put small, medium, and large round colored balls on as ornaments, and whatever special Christmas projects I made in Elementary school we hung up as well.

Eventually, I'd like to have multiple trees in different rooms of the house. I would like a food themed tree in the kitchen decked out with utensils, foods, and drinks as ornaments. I would also like to have an all-white Christmas tree with pink and red accents or even a blue themed tree. 

There are endless options on what you could do. I have picked out 12 different ideas that others have decorated their homes with. 

You can incorporate books and Christmas cards to add a festive look to your home. In a non-traditional way, there are ways you can get a hundred books and stack them into a circle to build a tree shape. You can also hang Christmas cards that you get from friends and family, in order to build a tree shape. 
Spray paint your tree with a non-toxic paint and add peacock feathers and add bright round bulbs with colored ribbon. Fill your tree with red ribbon and a black belt to make it look like Santa Clause.
If you buy an all-white tree you can use gold, pink, and red ornaments with white lights. You can also get a traditional tree and infuse red roses and peonies to make a flowered garland. 
The color pink is a great way to add color in a bold way. Also, you can let the tree skirt do all the talking by balancing the bold colored ornaments with a bold skirt to bring it all together. Whether your home is traditional or contemporary, you should choose a tree color and theme that fit's the overall rooms design. 
Christmas is the one time of year when you can go overboard. Embrace color, and be creative to use all of your home as a decorating canvas. What is your favorite theme that you like to decorate your tree with during the holidays? I'd love to know! 

1 comment: