Monday, December 14, 2015

Nutella Hot Chocolate Recipe

I mentioned this Nutella recipe in my hot chocolate season post last month and promised to do a full article on it for you, so here it is. 

Thanks to Kandee Johnson (a blogger and YouTuber I follow) I found this recipe that she shared last year and have been obsessed with it ever since. 

If I have some time on a rainy, cold night I love to make some home made hot chocolate over the stove. It tastes so much better than a microwaved drink if you have the time to do it. 

Now lets get this straight... I had NEVER had Nutella before I made this recipe, so it pretty much changed my life! I promise you'll be just as obsessed as I am after drinking this for the first time.

Nutella Hot Chocolate Recipe

In a medium sauce pan on medium heat combine : 2 cups whole milk, 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup nutella, and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.

Mix together using a whisk until the liquid becomes smooth. 

Turn the stove to low and add in 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of sugar.

Mix all the ingredients together on low heat until smooth and it comes to a boil.

If you want to add whipped cream made from scratch - combine: 1 cup of very cold whipping cream, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and 1 tablespoon of vanilla into a bowl and mix on medium to high speed with a hand mixer.

You can also add chocolate chips, caramel sauce, or sprinkles for an extra garnish.

ENJOY! This recipe is seriously so so delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment