Monday, May 30, 2016

God Bless America

To some people Memorial Day is just another day -- usually a day off work where it's spent BBQing by the pool with friends, or relaxing on the couch enjoying a 3-day-weekend. 

There is so much more to it than that. 

Memorial Day is especially important as we are reminded almost daily of the sacrifices that the men and women of the Armed Forces make to defend our way of life. 

"These fallen heroes represent the character of a nation who has a long history of patriotism and honor - and a nation who has fought many battles to keep our country free from threats of terror."

Your life is the greatest gift you can give your country, and today -- on Memorial Day, we honor those who did just that. I am lucky enough to call those hero's my family. I am the granddaughter of two extraordinary men who died for our country, and I couldn't be more thankful and proud.

I hope that every citizen can take a moment on this day to remember those members serving our country who are currently in harms way, and say a small prayer for them to return home safely. 

"And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, 
who gave that right to me." - Lee Greenwood 

2 comments:

  1. Great post.. I agree with you, Memorial Day is something that should be taken a little more seriously. Sure, it's okay to have a little fun and relax, but as long as you're looking at the bigger picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Memorial Day, hope you have a great day with your family!

    ReplyDelete